MainBanner Update

Wolves Win Weekend Finale In Eugene

The Eugene Generals (2-8-1) were unable to salvage a series split, losing 6-2 to the Wenatchee Wolves (11-6-0) on Sunday afternoon.

A high-octane first period at The Rink Exchange saw Eugene and Wenatchee combine for six goals. Unfortunately for the Generals, the scoring pace slowed down in the remaining 40 minutes, as an early four-goal lead built by the Wolves was too much to overcome.

“Unfortunately we had a short bench, so our guys kind of ran out of gas. It was still a solid effort,” said head coach Justin Kern. “We’ve got to jumpstart our offense.”

Following a 3-1 win on Saturday night, the Wolves didn’t waste any time scoring in the series finale.

Wenatchee opened the scoring when Owen Miley delivered the puck towards the net, which Jackson Tillinghast converted on to give the Wolves a 1-0 lead with 16:39 remaining. Just over four minutes later, the Wolves built its lead when Grady Hartmeier used some nifty stickwork off a pass from Zephaniah Goret to punch it in for a 2-0 lead with 12:24 remaining.

Eugene was unable to further slow down the roll that Wenatchee found themselves on. Two more goals doubled the Wolves lead to 4-0 at the eight-minute mark of the first period.

Looking all but finished, the Generals closed out the opening period with momentum on its side.

A holding penalty from the Wolves’ Riley Ott gave the Generals some semblance of life, and they converted. A shot from Dakota Henn deflected to Devon Dunn, who found the stick of Broc Friesen. The Eugene native scored with 1:18 remaining in the period to put the Generals on the scoreboard

Off the ensuing faceoff, Eugene’s Brandon Manthe forced a turnover in the Wenatchee zone, which Jared Coday turned into a goal to cut the Wolves deficit in half to 4-2. Coday’s goal came just nine seconds after Friesen’s to get the Generals back in the contest.

“I’m proud that the guys fought through some adversity there and that they weren’t just going to give up and scored two there that got us back in the game,” said Kern.

However, the Wolves tightened the screws defensively, as the Generals were unable to find the back of the net in the remaining two periods. Eugene clamped down as well, holding Wenatchee scoreless in the second period

In the back-half of the third period, Ott scored a pair of goals to give Wenatchee a 6-2 lead that would end as the final score.

Eugene will look to get back in the win column when they welcome in the Tacoma Rockets next weekend. The Generals and Rockets will face off on November 9th and 10th at 7:30 pm PST at The Rink Exchange in Eugene, Oregon. Tickets are available online at

Follow the Generals on FacebookTwitter and Instagram for scores, updates, information and behind-the-scenes content throughout the 2018-19 season.